Thursday, June 26, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: Shailene Woodley Says She Tries To 'Actively Remove' Herself From Being Around Screaming Fans

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Great rates not enough?

OptionsHouse is a cutting-edge platform with award-winning technology. Even with our professional tools, you'll still pay great rates.
From our sponsors
Shailene Woodley Says She Tries To 'Actively Remove' Herself From Being Around Screaming Fans
Jun 26th 2014, 18:21

The actress feels uncomfortable around some fans...

Shailene Woodley's career has skyrocketed since the release of her latest movie, The Fault in Our Stars, but the actress says that her new superstardom makes her quite uncomfortable at times. In a new interview with Vanity Fair magazine, Shailene discussed how "weird" she finds "young fandom" and why she tries to avoid screaming fans at all cost.

"The whole fan thing is very strange to me because I've never had anybody that I have gone crazy for, like whether it was an actor or a musician," she told the magazine. "And so it's a weird thing for me to relate to, especially the screaming sort of young fandom, [that] the Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent world caters to."

Shailene Woodley doesn't want to be considered a role model. (WENN)

The 22-year-old, who has over 791,000 followers on Twitter, says that she does her best to stay away from the situations that will put her around the crazy, screaming fans.

"I've met people where I'm like, 'Hi, I'm Shai,' and they can't even see me because they're screaming, and I'm making eye contact with them, but they're not there," she said. "And that, to me, is weird.''

Although she knows that many young girls look up to her, she encourages them to look up to people that make a difference in the world, instead of someone who acts or plays music.

"I kind of actually try to like actively remove myself from the situation," she said. "There's this idea that actors and that musicians or models or whatever are better than the fans, and the fans look up to them because they're an actor," she said. "People that I look up to in life are people who make a difference, and brave, strong women.''

She said she does not consider herself a role model, nor does she alter her life to try to fit that title.

''I don't know how quite to do that except remove myself from the situation and live my life, and if that inspires people, then I guess that's what a role model is," she said.

Shailene will next star in the feature film Insurgent, which is scheduled to be released in 2015.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions