Monday, June 30, 2014

The Hollywood Gossip: Amanda Longacre Vows to Fight Ruling: I AM MISS DELAWARE!

The Hollywood Gossip
 
Food is Your Best Medicine

The natural approach to cancer, heart disease, obesity, and other chronic conditions.
From our sponsors
Amanda Longacre Vows to Fight Ruling: I AM MISS DELAWARE!
Jun 30th 2014, 17:28, by Hilton Hater

Amanda Longacre has seen the ugly side of beauty pageants.

The 24-year old was stripped of her Miss Delaware title last week after officials ruled Longacre had violated the competition's age requirement.

In her place, Brittany Lewis was given the crown and she will go on to compete in the Miss America pageant on September 14.

And while Longacre has been told she can keep $9,000 in scholarship money she originally earned, she appeared opposite Savannah Guthrie on Today this morning and told Savannah Guthrie she wants "the title I rightfully won."

Amanda Longacre Responds to Miss Delaware Controversy

"I am Miss Delaware," said Longacre. "I was nothing but honest from the beginning. I did not know that rule, I did not know that rule at all, and they reiterated to me since they beginning that I was eligible to compete.

"I asked from the beginning, 'Am I eligible?' They said yes, they signed off on my contract, they had my birth certificate. I gave them everything."

Amanda was accompanied by her lawyer, who added of his client:

"What we want is to see Amanda compete at Miss America and serve as Miss Delaware, and to our mind, that's what's fair. If we have to sue to do it, we will, but our goal really here is that she be allowed to enjoy the title that she's earned."

Longacre, meanwhile, is not at the center of the only Miss America scandal from last week.

Following a tabulation error by judges, Elizabeth Fechtel was stripped of her tiara late Friday afternoon and demoted to first runner-up.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions