Monday, June 30, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: Robin Thicke Pleads For Paula Patton To Take Him Back At BET Awards: Will It Work?

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Compare Hotels

Find great prices for amazing hotels wherever your next destination may be. It's simple to search 100+ sites at once!
From our sponsors
Robin Thicke Pleads For Paula Patton To Take Him Back At BET Awards: Will It Work?
Jun 30th 2014, 14:18

Robin Thicke is a desperate man. Last night at the BET Awards in Los Angeles he made his latest plea to estranged wife Paula Patton to take him back, while performing new single 'Forever Love'.

The couple split in February after 15 years together and while no explanation for the split has been given, Thicke's flirty nature and rumoured infidelities have been blamed. He's been very vocal since February about winning back Paula and his performance last night comes just a few days ahead of the release of his new album, called 'Paula'. 

Robin Thicke performs at the BET Awards (YouTube)

Not exactly subtle is it?

He said last night: "Good evening, my name is Robin Thicke, I'd like to dedicate this song to my wife, and say, 'I miss you, and I'm sorry.' This is called 'Forever Love.'"

To my #ForeverLove pic.twitter.com/yXXzrcwuS3

— Robin Thicke (@robinthicke) June 30, 2014

According to Us Weekly, Thicke appeared to be crying in the performance, as he sang lyrics which included: "If you ever doubt it now, baby, I will be there picking you up,"

"You can lean on me any time, baby, for anything you want and need. Yeah, see, I don't need any reason, memory, or a season. Every day I will believe that you and I are meant to be. You're my forever love."

At the end of the performance a photo of the couple when they were younger flashed up on screen, with Paula's name etched across it. 

It's not the first time he's attempted to win back Paulawith a very public stunt. He told TMZ soon after the split in February, he was "trying to get her back," when accosted by photographers at an airport.

Robin and Paula, here in September, announced their split in February (FayesVision/WENN)

Following the break-up he used a string of gigs, to publicly reach out to Patton and ask for another shot. He cried on stage at a concert in Fairfax Virginia not long after and told the crowd: "For y'all that don't know, me and my wife separated.

"But I want everyone here to know that I'm trying to get my girl back."

Just a few weeks later he urged for forgiveness during a performance at Madison Square Gardens, saying: "We gotta learn to forgive each other, learn to love each other ... no matter who it is in your family or relationship ... 'cause you're always gonna need your friends and family."

Robin Thicke accepting one of his three awards (STARPICZ / Splash News)

After publicly reaching out to his ex, Robin Then stepped up his efforts to get her back. 

At the Billboard Awards he dedicated his best R&B song win to his estranged wife. He said: "Most importantly I'd like to thank my wife for her love and support and for putting up with me for all these years."

On June 1, he confirmed his new album would be called 'Paula' and from the looks of it will be his attempt to win back his estranged wife.

Robin Thicke's new cover art for the album (Twitter/Robin Thicke)

Tracks include 'You're My Fantasy', 'Love Can Grow Back' and 'Forever Love'. Hmmm, not exactly subtle is he.

The lead single for the new album, Get Her Back, was released last week alongside an OTT video which appears to show a text exchange between the couple.

One says: "I wrote a whole album about you," To which the wronged lover, we're assuming represents Paula writes back: "I don't care,"

The 37 year-old has been teasing lyrics from the new album over the last few days. 'Too Little Too Late' contains his regret, saying: "Every time you walked through that door/I should've spun you around and around like the kitchen was a dance floor."

But will the new album be enough to win Patton back? Is it really his attempt to woo his ex, or is it just a very well timed publicity stunt? 

The actress' behaviour has virtually been opposite to her former beau. 

She's rarely spoken about the singer, but did have this to say to Vanity Fair about the break-up.

"We've known each other since we were teenagers. All I can tell you is there's a deep love there –always was, and always will be," she said.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions