Sunday, June 8, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: Kate Middleton Kissed By Lucky 88-Year-Old War Veteran At D-Day Commemoration Event

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Free Bestselling eBooks

Free national bestsellers for your eReader - Fiction, Nonfiction & more! Join 1.5 million book lovers now. Sign-up in under 10 seconds to get the free daily email.
From our sponsors
Kate Middleton Kissed By Lucky 88-Year-Old War Veteran At D-Day Commemoration Event
Jun 8th 2014, 15:17

Kate Middleton made a war veteran's day that bit more special yesterday when she allowed him to plant a kiss on her cheek!

According to People, the Duchess of Cambridge was greeted by 88-year-old gent Arthur Jones while attending the D-Day 70th anniversary commemoration in Arromanches, Normandy - and he's absolutely chuffed to bits.

"Is it OK to kiss a princess?" Arthur reportedly asked her when they met.

Kate Middleton and Prince William (WENN)

"Of course it is!" she laughed, leading him to peck her gracefully on the cheek.

Jones later told reporters: "As the prince left he said to me, 'Were you chatting up my wife?'

"I told him I only gave her a kiss! William laughed but I'm chuffed I've chatted up a princess. I bet I'll be picked up now and taken to the Toiwer of London!"

MORE:

He added: "It was a lovely kiss. I lost my wife 10 years ago, and I'm on my own now, so I don't get many opportunities for kisses any more."

William had said earlier in the day: "Catherine and I were privileged to meet the veterans present that great and terrible day.

"It is vital that this sacrifice, and the reasons for this sacrifice, are never forgotten by our generation and generations to come."

Kate Middleton & 10 More Amazing Celebrity Photobombs

Kate Middleton's photobomb (Photo: Reddit)

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions