Saturday, June 7, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: 'I'm Feeling The Pressure': Hugh Jackman Nervous About Hosting The Tony Awards

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Join Delanceyplace

Sign up to receive a free quote from a non fiction book every weekday.
From our sponsors
'I'm Feeling The Pressure': Hugh Jackman Nervous About Hosting The Tony Awards
Jun 7th 2014, 11:10

Hollywood hunk Hugh Jackman has confessed he's feeling a bit nervous about hosting this year's Tony Awards.

The Wolverine star is set to host the prestigious Awards night this weekend in New York, and is however, excited to be taking centre stage.

"There's always a little bit of pressure, but mostly put on myself," he told Access Hollywood. "It couldn't be a nicer, more welcoming crowd and I can say that from experience, because the first time I came here, I actually had never been on Broadway and I said, 'Guys, I can't do that'.

Hugh Jackman will be hosting the Tony Awards this weekend (Kento Nara/Future Image/WENN.com)

"And they said, 'Don't worry, they'll be very welcoming.' I didn't really believe it until I walked out and I was amazed. So, I'm excited. I've got a lot of surprises in store."

Meanwhile, this year's annual theatre awards see the likes of Robert Schenkkan's All The Way up for best play, which has also earned Bryan Cranston a nod for best actor in a play. Terrence McNally's Mothers And Sons, John Patrick Shanley's Outside Mullingar and James Lapine's Act One were also nominated.

The best leading actress in a musical category is packed with big name talent including Frozen star Idina Menzel for If/Then and rising stars Jessie Mueller (Beautiful) and Mary Bridget Davies (A Night With Janis Joplin).

The Tony Awards will be aired live from New York's Radio City Music Hall on CBS at 8pm on Sunday.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions