Saturday, June 7, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: Fault In Our Stars Actress Shailene Woodley Pleaded With Author To Get Movie Made

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Simple & Affordable SMS!

Text messages have a 95% open rate within 5 minutes. Over 50,000 businesses, non-profits, and groups rely on Ez Texting for their SMS marketing. Sign up free today!
From our sponsors
Fault In Our Stars Actress Shailene Woodley Pleaded With Author To Get Movie Made
Jun 7th 2014, 11:38

Star-of-the-moment Shailene Woodley has received rave reviews for her latest role in new movie Fault In Our Stars, and she has revealed that she pleaded with the author to get the story made for the big screen.

The 22-year-old star, who plays cancer sufferer Hazel alongside her Divergent co-star Ansel Elgort, explained how the new film could change several lives.

"I didn't say I needed to be Hazel," Woodley said, reports CNN. "I said I needed this movie to get made. Because I knew that it would change the lives of millions of people."

The plotline of the movie is based on John Green's bestselling novel which tells the story of two teenage cancer patients.

Shailene is set to appear in The Fault in Our Stars

"The letter was extremely long, like 40 pages long, and ... I didn't technically know who Shailene Woodley was," Green revealed. "So I just responded like, 'That's such a lovely e-mail! Thank you so much! But I am not a casting director.' And then when I saw her audition, of course I was horrified that I had not written her back and said, like, 'Please! Please! Be in our movie!'"

Meanwhile, playing the leading lady has made Shailene reflect on her past, with the pretty actress previously admitting that "it changed my whole life and put things in perspective. I realised I was good at being outwardly positive because that's how I am by nature. But internally? I was so mean to myself.".

"Realising I needed to make a shift was a big moment for me. 'F**k you, insecurity. F**k you, lack of confidence!' When I finally realised I have to live life for myself and not for anyone else is when I started being more generous and kind and grateful," she explained. "I was able to give back more."

The Fault in Our Stars hits UK Cinemas later this month.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions