Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: It's Not All About Beyonce and Jay Z: Other Secrets We Learned From Solange Knowles' 'Lucky' Interview

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Simple & Affordable SMS!

Text messages have a 95% open rate within 5 minutes. Over 50,000 businesses, non-profits, and groups rely on Ez Texting for their SMS marketing. Sign up free today!
From our sponsors
It's Not All About Beyonce and Jay Z: Other Secrets We Learned From Solange Knowles' 'Lucky' Interview
Jul 8th 2014, 13:59

Solange Knowles has finally opened up about that infamous elevator attack on her brother-in-law Jay Z this week, but that's not all the 'Losing You' singer had to say in her candid interview with Lucky magazine.

The 28-year-old is often referred to as the younger sister of superstar Beyonce, but there's more to Solange than you know. From opening up about motherhood to nine-year-old son Julez to her unique fashion sense, Solange lays it all bare.

Solange graces the cover of Lucky magazine's August issue (Solange Knowles/Instagram)

Check out some highlights from the interview below...

She was absolutely devastated when she was forced to drop out of touring with Destiny's Child due to an injury:

"Dance had been my everything since I was a little girl and all of a sudden I couldn't do it. Some beautiful things came out of that year but also some painful things. I started writing songs because I had all of these emotions that were so real."

Solange's fashion sense is inspired by her travels (WENN)

She's just as close to Kelly Rowland as she is to her actual sister Beyonce:

"Kelly's like a sister. When I let her hear my music, she said, 'I want you to write for my album.' That gave me a lot of confidence. I was nervous to talk to my parents. Part of my mum was like, 'Please be normal and get a regular job,' because she had gone through so much with my sister.

"She knew how strong-willed I was and how the industry was probably not going to be the most supportive thing for a 15-year-old girl."

Being a stay-at-home mum during her short-lived marriage to Daniel Smith wasn't all bad:

"It was chill; I got to be at home with Julez all the time."

The 'Losing You' singer now built a family with son Julez and boyfriend Alan Ferguson (AKM-GSI)

Her quirky dress sense and taste for music is down to being well-travelled:

"I lived in New York and L.A. and they were different worlds I learned to navigate. Fashion and music have so many elements I'm connected to, but they also have parts that I'm not so interested in. I can step in and step out of those worlds. Being in New Orleans gives me space.

"I loved travelling. We were in Europe for a month, and that's when my musical eyes opened up. There, Björk was on pop radio. She wasn't some obscure underground thing like she was in America."

Despite rumours, Solange says she and sister Beyonce are tight and always have been (Beyonce/Tumblr)

What sibling rivalry? Solange and Beyonce actually have a close relationship, guys:

"We've always held each other down no matter what. That's something I'm drilling into Julez now."

She's always been different to other people and she doesn't care:

"I think about all of those phases that I went through and the ridicule and whatever that I experienced. And I can't think of one time where I ever felt like I was going to break. That's because I had confidence instilled in me by my parents. They didn't always like it - in fact, most of the time they didn't - but they never asked me to change."

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions