Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: Ariana Grande Reveals 'Falling Out Of Touch With My Dad' Last Year Was The Hardest Thing She's Ever Been Through

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Teach your child to read.

Save 20% now with Hooked on Phonics! Enter 'SAVE20' at checkout.
From our sponsors
Ariana Grande Reveals ‘Falling Out Of Touch With My Dad’ Last Year Was The Hardest Thing She's Ever Been Through
Jul 30th 2014, 05:05

Ariana Grande has revealed that she has become estranged from her father over the past year in an unusually open interview as she assures fans that even the biggest pop princesses on the planet have their own insecurities to deal with.

The singer says the decision to walk away from her father was one of the toughest things she's ever been through but has learned to accept that you can still love someone even if you don't always have to like them.

In the touching interview with Seventeen Magazine, the chart-topping star admitted her relationship with her father has recently strained when asked what has been the hardest thing she's ever had to deal with.

"Falling out of touch with my dad. It's private, but it happened last year. It took me so long to be okay with it. The thing that got me there was embracing the fact that that I am made up of half my dad, and a lot of my traits come from him.

 

Ariana Grande opens up about estranged father in Seventeen magazine (Twitter/Seventeen)

"So much of me comes from my father, and for so long, I didn't like that about myself. I had to accept that it's okay not to get along with somebody and still love them."

The 21-year-old also admitted that her own insecurities have been the biggest obstacle in her life, which have only been magnified by the brutal nature of scrutiny in the music industry. But she insists that as long as she has love, she knows she'll be ok.

Ariana told the mag: "Everybody has certain things that make them feel insecure. Even when you overcome a huge battle in your life and you make a ton of progress as a person, there are still things that will upset you and break your heart.

She also talks insecuruties in the touching interview (Twitter/Seventeen)

"But I feel like I'm at a point in my life where love is the most important thing, and I won't let anything come before it. "It's tough to spend some of the most important years of your life in front of so many strangers who want to pick you apart. Insecurity has been the hardest thing I've had to overcome.

"I think everyone my age struggles with that because everyone strives for approval and wants to feel loved."

WATCH! Rumer Willis' Hilarious Spoof Of Ariana Grande's 'Problem'

This summer has been a whirlwind for the rising star who scored one of the biggest hits of the year, topping charts across the globe and scoring her first big hit here in the UK. But despite her newfound worldwide success over the past few months, she admitted it's been hard to concentrate on anything but her sick grandpa.

"I focus on what's important. My grandpa is sick, so I focus on him every day. I'm having the biggest song of my career so far, and all I can think about is my grandpa, because that's what's important to me."

Ariana's "favourite person," her Grandpa passed away last week (Twitter/Seventeen)

Sadly, Ariana's beloved Grandfather tragically passed away last week. During a heart-breaking interview on Good Morning America she called her gramps her "favourite person," breaking down as she told viewers "how amazing he was".

Ariana Grande Breaks Down Over Grandfather's Death During Good Morning America Interview

As the interview with Seventeen came to light, Ariana has since added: "This interview took place before I lost my grandfather.

"Reading it back now is, of course, very hard but I'm so grateful that I spoke briefly about some of the wisdom he shared with me in this interview. I hope the Seventeen readers find it helpful and can relate."

She unveiled her new single with Jessie J and Nicki Minaj yesterday (Facebook/Jessie J)

Yesterday Ariana, Jessie J and Nicki Minaj premiered their powerhouse collaboration Bang Bang, the first single to be taken from Jessie's third album.

Jessie J, Ariana Grande And Nicki Minaj's Unveil Powerhouse Belter Bang Bang (LISTEN)

The track will also appear on the deluxe version of Grande's upcoming record, My Everything which will be released in the UK on August 25.

Happy 21st Birthday Ariana Grande! From Nickelodeon Child Star To Beautiful Pop Princess (PHOTOS)

Third from the left at the top, attending the opening night after party for 'Thirteen, A New Musical' on Broadway at the Opera Night Club – 2008 (WENN)

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions