Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: Uzo Aduba Almost Quit Acting Right Before Landing Role On Orange Is The New Black

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Mobile App Design from scratch.

A step by step guide to learn how to design a great mobile app.
From our sponsors
Uzo Aduba Almost Quit Acting Right Before Landing Role On Orange Is The New Black
Jul 29th 2014, 22:49

By Ashley Majeski On July 29, 2014

The actress said she gave up on her dream the same day she landed the role...

Uzo Aduba came close to giving up her dream of being an actress—just moments before landing the role of Crazy Eyes on the Netflix smash hit Orange Is The New Black. During an appearance on Access Hollywood last week, Uzo said that she nearly quit acting after she failed to land any television roles.

"The day I found out that I got 'Orange' I actually had given up acting," Uzo said, adding that on the day in question, she had gotten lost on her way to audition for the show Blue Bloods.

Uzo Aduba vowed to quit acting the day she landed the role of Crazy Eyes. (WENN)

"I had my audition and I was like, 'I think that went OK, but I bet you're not going to get it because you were 20 minutes late," she said. "And I thought, 'That's a sign, you're not supposed to be doing this – find something else to do,' and I was boo-hooing all the way home."

Moments later, Uzo said she arrived home and got a phone call letting her know that she had landed the role of Crazy Eyes.

"I was really thankful," she said. "When I met the part, I was like, 'That feels right.'"

Uzo had been acting in the New York City theater circuit before landing the role on Orange Is The New Black, her first major role to date. She received a Critics Choice award and an Emmy nomination for her work on the show. She is next slated to star alongside Peter Bogdanovich and Bonnie Somerville in the 2015 film Pearly Gates. She will also appear in the upcoming third season of Orange Is The New Black.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions