Saturday, July 5, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: Demi Lovato: The World Needs To 'Get Over' Miley Cyrus's Hannah Montana Days

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Food is Your Best Medicine

The natural approach to cancer, heart disease, obesity, and other chronic conditions.
From our sponsors
Demi Lovato: The World Needs To 'Get Over' Miley Cyrus's Hannah Montana Days
Jul 5th 2014, 09:51

Demi Lovato has backed up Miley Cyrus, saying people need to forget the fact that she once played Hannah Montana.

The former Disney star has shocked the world over the last year with her provocative antics, which have marked a huge change from her more low-key days on the tween comedy.

Asked why she didn't go a similar way by We Love Pop, Demi said: "I guess my transition was a little easier because I went straight to rehab. I didn't twerk - I just went to rehab!

Demi Lovato (WENN)

"But you know what, I think the world needs to get over the fact that [Miley] was Hannah Montana when she was 16.

"Nobody knows her. Nobody really knows who I am, and the same with Selena [Gomez] and Jonas [Brothers] and everyone that has grown up in front of the public eye. We're adults now."

Miley Cyrus (WENN)

She did seem to admit, however, that Miley has been using "shock value" rather than her vocal abilities to turn heads.

"I think she knows what she's doing. A lot of artists take that route of shock value and that's fine, but I think she has such an incredible voice that's overshadowed by some of the things that she's doing," the 'Heart Attack' singer mused.

"I'll always love her - she's been one of my friends since I was 14. But everyone is on their different journeys and she's having fun, she's being who she is - so power to her."

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions