Friday, August 29, 2014

The Hollywood Gossip: Jennifer Aniston: My Value as a Woman Has Nothing to Do With Kids!

The Hollywood Gossip
 
The Best Way to Manage your Money.

Start using Mint today to set a budget, track your goals and do more with your money.
From our sponsors
Jennifer Aniston: My Value as a Woman Has Nothing to Do With Kids!
Aug 29th 2014, 11:15, by Free Britney

It's been a brutally rough week for Jennifer Aniston.

Or so the tabloids would lead you you believe, with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt married now and Aniston still childless at age 45. Gotta be so hard on Jen.

Or not. As she pointed out in an interview, too often child-free women are met with quite a bit of unsolicited commentary on their personal life choices.

No celebrity knows this truth like Jennifer Aniston.

She told Gloria Steinem earlier this year that "Being a woman, your value and worth is associated with your marital status or whether or not you've procreated."

Asked about this by Carson Daly earlier this week, she expounded on the idea, saying: "I don't have this sort of checklist of things that have to be done."

"If they're not checked, then I've failed some part of my feminism or my being a woman or my worth and my value as a woman because I haven't birthed a child."

Aniston went on to admit that she truly has no idea why people care so much about her life in general, and specifically whether or not she's a mom.

"I've birthed a lot of things," she said. "I feel like I've mothered many things and I don't think it's fair to put that pressure [of having children] on people."

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions