Sunday, September 28, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: 'I Want You All To Remember Me': Lynda Bellingham Reveals She Has Terminal Cancer

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Log Analytics Made Easy

Log management and analytics -- built for the cloud. Real-time event tracking, alerting and dashboards for system and app performance monitoring. Get started today!
From our sponsors
'I Want You All To Remember Me': Lynda Bellingham Reveals She Has Terminal Cancer
Sep 28th 2014, 09:47

Lynda Bellingham has revealed that she has terminal cancer. The actress who became affectionately known as the 'Oxo mum' after she appeared in the adverts for the food product,  initially revealed her battle with cancer last year when she was diagnosed with colon cancer.

Just over a year on and the actress has now revealed that the cancer has spread to her lungs and liver and the cancer is terminal. In extracts taken from her memoir, documented by the Mail Online, Bellingham recalled how she felt when she made the decision to stop chemotherapy. On August 13th, she wrote: "Yesterday was the glorious 12th – a day for us to remember because it is also the day I decided when I will die. I am very dramatic, aren't I? I know it is not ultimately my decision, but it is my last vestige of control to sit in front of the oncologist and say when I would like to stop having chemo and let the natural way do its thing. It has been a rather fast deterioration over the past couple of weeks, and bizarrely it has been the desire to finish this book that has both spurred me on and finished me off. I am on such strong chemo now that my body is finally protesting."

Sharing how she told her husband about her decision, Lynda continued: "I sat down with Michael and Professor Stebbing and announced: 'The time has come to cease and desist. I would love to make one more Christmas, if possible, but I want to stop taking chemo around November in order to pass away by the end of January", before poignantly adding: "I want you all to remember me."

Lynda Bellingham has spoken out (WENN)

As the news made its way around, Lynda took to Twitter to thank her fans and followers for their support. In a series of Twitter posts, the actress who has also appeared as a panelist on talk show, Loose Women on ITV, wrote: "Hi everyone just to say thank you for all your support it means so much. I am not going to tweet anymore today as you can imagine it is...All a bit overwhelming. So I am lying low today. But will respond ASAP.

"Thank you again...Just one more thing folks I have written this book to help everyone who has cancer or a terminal illness. You are not alone. And I am just..One of thousands going through this. So love and luck to you all x."

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions