Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: How Rosamund Pike Went Through Hell To Become Amy In David Fincher's Gone Girl

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Compare Hotels

Find great prices for amazing hotels wherever your next destination may be. It's simple to search 100+ sites at once!
From our sponsors
How Rosamund Pike Went Through Hell To Become Amy In David Fincher's Gone Girl
Oct 1st 2014, 14:41

Rosamund Pike is having a bit of a moment right now, thanks to her starring role in David Fincher's adaptation of Gone Girl, in which she stars as Amy, the wife of Ben Affleck and the centre of a murder plot.

She's already been Oscar tipped for the performance and while it's been a rough ride, she fell ill with a fever the night before filming began, the actress revealed to Variety magazine that she was convinced it was the role of a lifetime.

"I was unbelievably excited and unbelievably scared," she recalled on receiving the role, "You suddenly feel so small. I thought, 'I'm embarking on this thing I've always wanted.' "

Clearly emotional Rosamund broke down in the interview, laughing as her eyes welled up: "I'm going to cry now. Someone is giving me that chance, which is something I've wanted since I've been a tiny girl."

Not that it wasn't a struggle, Pike fell ill with a 103-degree fever the night before filming began in Missouri, she recalled: "I threw up three times. My body was going through a lot of changes," ironically, it was the first time she'd been on set from day one.

"I've usually had the luxury of coming on a couple weeks into it," she added. "There were frequent times when I'd just go home and say, 'I'm going to give up,' " she admitted. "I think probably around take 18 of getting my head bashed against the wall, I literally saw stars," she added, going on to describe the toll she went through in playing Amy.

Rosamund Pike covers Variety

"I think if David hadn't been worried about animal rights, he would have used pig's blood. It is one of the hardest things to get screen blood to have texture and get it to dry in the correct way. Blood goes through so many stages as it dries. It becomes sticky and changes color. And arterial blood is different from other types of blood. We had many blood tests."

The intensity of the shoot took it's toll on the actress and she admitted reaching out to Jack Reacher co-star Tom Cruise during filming: "I thought, 'I've got to reach out to somebody who has been in this position,' "

"Trust yourself," he told her "You're in the hands of a great director. You're ready."

While Fincher claimed Pike was born to play the part and with Oscar nomination rumours flying, the actress is keeping her feet on the ground. "The buzz about it is so daunting," she confessed. "Obviously, because of Fincher and this book, the expectations are so f****** high. I rang up David, and said, 'Come on, you've got to give me someone who doesn't like it.' "

More on Gone Girl:

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions