Thursday, October 2, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: Selena Gomez Reveals Why She's Proud Of Her 'Disney Girl' Status

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Shop Tervis tumblers.

Create a one of a kind personalized gift. It's fun and easy to design!
From our sponsors
Selena Gomez Reveals Why She's Proud Of Her 'Disney Girl' Status
Oct 2nd 2014, 19:31, by Rebecca Lawrence

Selena Gomez may have come a long way since her Disney days, but the star has revealed she will be eternally grateful for the gig, which she thanks for keeping her attitude in check.

Speaking to Into the Gloss, she said, "I was on Wizards of Waverly Place from when I was 14 until I was 18 or 19 and I thank God for that show—it gave me a legitimate family. The whole cast and crew were all there before anything started, they saw me at my best and at my worst, and could call me out on my s**t

"I'm proud of [the show]. Sure, it put me in that box of being a Disney kid, but I wouldn't change that for the world."

Selena is grateful for her Disney days (FameFlynet)

Now 22 and an established singer, she went on to explain how this year has helped shape her as a person. From entering rehab in January, to the constant drama with her on/off boyfriend, Justin Bieber, 2014 has been a year of growth and healing for the star.

"It's been such a transitional year for me—I moved out of my parents' house this year and into my own place," the Come & Get It singer said.

"Sometimes, I'll be honest, I don't handle all of this as well as people think, so it's been important to really figure out what makes me feel grounded."

And taking time out to reflect on her success as well as her struggles has simply reaffirmed how grateful she is to have made it so far, particularly as woman.

"The older I get, the prouder I am to be a woman in this industry," she revealed. "When I was younger and running around all the time on tour, I don't think I took the time to notice how being a woman in my position is really a gift. I want to make sure I utilize all that power…All the stuff that I've been living [has] been beautiful and awkward and authentic."

More Selena Gomez news:

Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber Split Again After He Ignores Her In Paris?

Selena Gomez's Undone Zipper Causes Mayhem

Selena Gomez Jets Out Of Paris Alone, After Justin Bieber Fights With Photographer

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions