Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Hollywood Gossip: Demi Lovato Aims to Inspire, No Longer Get $hit-Faced

The Hollywood Gossip
 
Economist GMAT Tutor.

The results you want. The flexibility you need. Claim your 7-day free trial today.
From our sponsors
Demi Lovato Aims to Inspire, No Longer Get $hit-Faced
Apr 30th 2014, 17:21, by Hilton Hater

Demi Lovato may only be 21 years old, but she's already experienced a lifetime of ups, downs, heartbreaks and addictions.

Having struggled with self-esteem issues and spent many months in rehab, the singer now tells Cosmopolitan that she wants to serve as an example to others who can relate to her plight.

"When I was younger, I needed someone in the spotlight to idolize, who stood for positivity and light and happiness, and wanted to change the world," she tells the publication.

"And because I didn't have that, I realized, I want to do that, if only for my 12-year-old little sister."

Lovato is walking the walk as well. 

She tells fans on Twitter to rise above bullying; she posts no makeup photos meant to help other young woman embrace their natural selves; she celebrates two years of sobriety.

"I always imagined my 21st being a huge party where I'd get shit-faced and go crazy," Lovato says. "But I realized that there's so much more to life than that."

Such as?

"Imagine walking 10 miles a day just to get water for your family? We have so much to be grateful for."

Amen, Demi. Amen.

In order to help others like her, Lovato has been open about her bipolar disorder, another topic she addresses with the magazine.

"It's a daily thing. I treat it with medication. Not everybody does that, but for me it works. That's what works for me – medicating, checking in with people, being honest, and being grateful for things."

For more inspiring words from Demi Lovato, pick up this issue of Cosmopolitan. It goes on sale May 6.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions