Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com: 'There's So Much More To Life': Demi Lovato Opens Up About Battle With Drugs And Alcohol

Blogtrottr
Celebrity News - Entertainmentwise.com
Celebrity News from Entertainmentwise.com 
Web design for beginners/

In this course, we cover many aspects of creating content for the web, from concept to production.
From our sponsors
'There's So Much More To Life': Demi Lovato Opens Up About Battle With Drugs And Alcohol
Apr 30th 2014, 17:27

Demi Lovato went to rehab in 2010 and was treated for drug addiction, an eating disorder and self harming and four years on, the singer has now opened up once again about her previous issues, saying that she is now in a much happier and healthier place.

Despite being just 21-years-old, Demi has been through a lot in her life already. However, she has managed to turn things around and has now spoken to Cosmopolitan For Latinas to say that there is so much more to life than getting wasted.

The Heart Attack singer told the magazine: "I was used
 to drinking and doing drugs on my birthday," she said. "I always imagined my 21st being a huge party where I'd get s***-faced and go crazy. But I realized that there's so much more to life than that. Imagine walking 10 miles a day just to get water for your family? We have so much to be grateful for."

Demi Lovato has spoken out about her previous addictions and troubles (Cosmopolitan for Latinas/Facebook)

Lovato is now in a much better place and manages to also keep her bipolar disorder in check with daily medication.

"That's what works for me – medicating, checking in with people, being honest, and being grateful for things," she said.

Speaking about her low points, she went on: "It was that loneliness you get when you're sad and it's the middle of the night, and even though you have family and friends to call, it's hard to pick up the phone."

"When I was younger, I needed someone in the spotlight to idolize, who stood for positivity and light and happiness, and wanted to change the world," she said. "And because I didn't have that, I realized, I want to do that, if only for my 12-year-old little sister."

And now being so happy and healthy, Demi is keen to move her career onwards and upwards.

"I'm very proud of how far I've come, but I definitely want to win a Grammy one day, and I dream of winning an Oscar," the singer said. "I want to continue to tour and build my fan base and make music that will last for decades."

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions